The Dyson DC17 Animal Cyclone is the best upright vacuum cleaner designed specifically for the needs of pet owners. It is also a great pick if someone in your household has allergies, asthma, or other medical conditions that react badly to pollutants in the air. While this market is rather competitive today, the features on this Dyson vacuum are rather impressive.
The Dyson DC17 vacuum cleaner model has also been modified and customised to better meet the cleaning needs of other household users that have specific requirements in areas such as: Allergy & Asthma, All Floors Vacuuming, Total Clean and Absolute Animal. Clive and Judith engagement!
Dyson DC17 Animal Review
- The main features of the Dyson DC17 Animal Vacuum include:
- All-floors cleaning with motorized brushbar
- Powerful ‘No Loss’ suction Level 3 Root Cyclone technology
- Telescopic reach quick-draw wand
- Floor tool for low reach areas
- Mini turbine head for stairs
- Hygienic, easily cleaned dust bin (5/8-gallon)
- Asthma & Allergy certified with lifetime, washable HEPA filter
You can use the Dyson DC17 vacuum cleaner on all types of flooring from the thickest carpeting to hardwood flooring and ceramic tiles. This means all areas of your home could easily be cleaned with this one vacuum!
When you look at the Dyson DC17 you know it is very different from others on the market. It has a well designed square hood over the bottom but the tall dust collection cup is topped with a purple accent piece that gives it a very unusual yet quite stylish appearance.
The cyclonic technology used in the DC17 vacuum cleaner by Dyson is one of the most impressive features of the entire machine. While you don’t need to understand exactly how this technology works, you do need to understand that it does a few critical things for the Dyson Animal vacuum:
* Allows the vacuum to pick up more dirt in less time.
* Prevents the momentary lack of suction which can occur with inferior vacuum technologies.
* Offers a powerful suction force that grabs more dirt and ensures cleaner floors.
This cyclone power is what makes the DC17 vacuum by Dyson so valuable for homeowners with indoor pets. The extra, continuous power picks up more hair and dander, leaving the home much cleaner than it would be without the extra powerful suction force.
If your goal is to prevent the build-up of pet hair in your home, this is definitely a vacuum cleaner to consider.
Although this is a great Dyson vacuum, I prefer the V6 cordless. Read more about the Dyson V6 Animal, Motorhead & Absolute.
The Dyson DC17 also comes equipped with a HEPA filter which is highly efficient at preventing dust and other air particulates from spraying back out into the air while you sweep. The problem with many vacuums today is they throw tiny particles of dust and other allergens into the air while sucking the dirt from the ground. HEPA filters eliminate this factor by ensuring these small particles are collected in the filter rather than hitting the air you breathe.
This is what makes the Dyson DC17 a great pick if you have someone in your household with allergies or asthma. When the quality of your air matters to you, a HEPA air filter is the best thing you will find on the vacuum market today.
When you put all of these features together you see why the Dyson DC17 vacuum cleaner is a top seller today. It is one of the few residential vacuums designed particularly for the needs of indoor pet owners and it has great benefits for those who need to conserve high quality air inside their home as well. Another best seller is the Dyson V6 Absolute.
Add in a 16 foot wand that makes cleaning corners, around furniture, and up and down stairs incredibly simple and you have one of the best vacuum cleaners on the market today. From the innovative style to the HEPA filter and cyclonic suction technology, this is one powerful vacuum cleaner that will keep your home free of toxic allergens and other air-borne debris.
- Best sucking Dyson because of Level 3 Root Cyclone
- Good Design and Well Built
- Long Power cord
- Quieter when operating than most vacuum cleaners
- Expensive compared to other vacuum cleaners
- Generally quite heavy
- Sometimes the Root Cyclone cones and main filter gets clogged with fine dirt
- Cleaner’s instructions included not great about telling you which attachment to use on which floor surface