Now there are always a lot of different options when you are thinking about the navigation to your site. You can use drop down menus, side menu bars, top menu bars, images, images that display other images when you hover over them, and so on and so forth. There is obviously an infinite amount of things you can do when it comes to navigation bars on your web site because there is an infinite amount of things you can do when it comes to programming. That being said, accordions and tabs are always going to be some of your best options when it comes to navigation and displaying information.
Let's take a look at some of the main reason for this simple fact.
- First of all, accordions and tabs just plain out make your site look like it's structured better as well as make it look a lot more professional. Your web site's style will have a lot to do with your conversion rate in terms of turning traffic into dollars, and navigation is a huge part of the style of your web site
- Accordions and Tabs can also hold a lot of information without taking up a lot of space. That is because whenever you click on one of the panels, new content will be loaded via JQuery and the other panel that was once open closes. This is an awesome way to display a lot of information if you have limited space
- Some of the most well-known web sites in the world use accordions and tabs to display their information. For example, if you look at the web site ESPN.com the biggest website on the planet for sports and sports news, you will find that their site is absolutely loaded with tabs and accordions
- When using tabs, you can give a preview of the page that the navigation link leads to by providing an outline of links that are listed throughout that page within the tab. It is something that is getting more and more popular, and something that is also great for SEO (search engine optimization). And if you are familiar with SEO, then you know that onsite SEO is just as important as off-site SEO tactics like hiring for link building service
- Not only do tabs and accordions look great on a web site, but they are extremely easy to integrate. You really don't have to know any coding at all. All you need to do is go to the website jqueryui.com, pick an accordion or tabs theme (or create a custom theme yourself), download the code, and then copy and paste it into your website. It's literally as simple as "123."
All that being said, the biggest reason you want to use accordions and tabs whenever it makes sense to do so is because it is something that is very simple for your visitors to use when it comes to navigating around on your web site. It provides a platform that is very easy on the eyes and also very easy to use. It doesn't confuse users, yet makes navigation easier and helps establish a nice solid flow on your website - which is what navigation is all about. I encourage you to give them a try.
Sharing is Caring: